- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Serves 8
Lovely soup using tinned tomatoes
- 1.5 tabspn olive oil
- 2 x 14oz tins chopped tomatoes
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, chopped
- 1 medium potato, peeled and diced
- 10fl oz stock, veg or chicken
- 0.5 dessertspoon sugar
- Torn basil leaves to serve
- STEP 1Gently heat oil in a large saucepan/stockpot, add onion and potatoes, cover and cook until soft-not coloured.
- STEP 2Add tomatoes, garlic, stock and sugar, bring to the boil, simmer gently for 25mins.
- STEP 3Liquidise the soup, season and bring back to the boil for 1-2 mins.
- STEP 4Serve with a drizzle of single cream and some torn basil leaves.