Wildly Rich Chocolate Walnut Pie
- Preparation and cooking time
- More effort
- Makes 9 Inch
This dessert tastes like a mousse, rich and tasty and without white sugar. It is super easy to make, all you need is a blender and an oven. Serve with fresh berries, whip cream or ice cream.
- 1 cup raw walnuts
- ¾ cup coconut flour
- 2 cups coconut milk or rice, soy or hemp milk
- ½ cup butter, room temperature or coconut oil
- ¼ tsp. sea salt
- 4 free range eggs, room temperature
- ¾ cup pure cacao powder
- ¾ cup pure maple syrup
- 2 tsp. pure vanilla
- STEP 1Preheat oven to 300 F.
- STEP 2Place all ingredients into a blender and blend on high until smooth.
- STEP 3Grease a 9-inch pie dish and pour the batter into the dish.
- STEP 4Bake for 60 minutes. The pie will be a bit soft in the middle but it will set while cooling on a rack. When cooled to room temperature, cover lightly and refrigerate overnight.