Carrot and Cumin Soup
Member recipe by janerollinson
A spiced carrot soup, made creamy by the addition of natural yoghurt.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tsp cumin seeds
- 800g carrots, roughly chopped
- 1 litre veg stock
- 200ml natural yoghurt
- salt & pepper
- 1 tbsp harissa
- Heat the oil and gently cook the onion for 5 mins.
- Add the cumin seeds and the carrots and cook for 2 mins, stirring.
- Add the stock and simmer for 25 mins until the carrots are tender.
- Cool slightly and then blend until smooth.
- Return to the pan, and stir in 4 tbsp of the yoghurt. Check the seasoning.
- Stir the harissa into the rest of the yoghurt and serve the soup with a dollop of the spicy yoghurt on top.