Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Yeast Free Whole Wheat Naan
- Preparation and cooking time
- Makes 4-5 Naans
Indian naan the healthy way with 100% whole wheat flour and totally yeast free. Even though there is No yeast added these naans will sure turn out super soft and can be enjoyed with a spicy curry .
- Whole wheat flour - 2 cups
- Baking pd - 1 tsp
- Baking soda - 1/4 tsp
- Yogurt - 3 tbsp
- Warm milk - 3/4 cup
- Kalonji / Onion seeds - 1 tsp
- Ghee/ Butter as needed
- salt to taste
- STEP 1In a bowl put flour, baking pd, baking soda, salt and mix them well.
- STEP 2Add yogurt and mix them well in the flour till you see crumbs like consistency.
- STEP 3Now make a well and add required amount of warm milk make a soft dough.
- STEP 4Rest them for an hour to 2 and them knead them well til they are smooth.
- STEP 5Divide the dough in to equal parts.
- STEP 6Dust some flour on the working surface roll an part of the dough and roll them into oblong shape or a circle shape.
- STEP 7Heat an tawa or a non stick pan and place the rolled naan on it.
- STEP 8Cook one side and flip the naan and cook evenly both sides till you see brown spots.
- STEP 9Remove from pan and spread some ghee/ butter if needed.
- STEP 10Top it with kalonji, serve hot with any gravy or kofta curry .