Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 6
Baked Pyreneen Trout flavoured with pepper in a creamy watercress and lemon flavoured sauce.
- 6 x 175g (6 oz) trout fillets
- 300 ml creme liquid
- 60 g (2 oz) watercress, trimmed
- 90 g (3 oz) melted butter
- 1 tsp flour
- Juice of one lemon
- 1 egg yolk
- STEP 1Preheat oven to 180 (160 fan). Place trout fillets in a single layer in a buttered roasting tin, and sprinkle with black pepper.
- STEP 2Cover tightly with foil and bake for 15 mins or until fish is opaque and flaky.
- STEP 3Watercress sauce: place creme liquide, watercress, butter, flour, lemon juice and egg yolk in food processor, season with salt and pepper. Puree until smooth.
- STEP 4Transfer mixture to saucepan and cook gently, stirring constantly, until sauce thickens.
- STEP 5Serve the trout hot accompanied by watercress and lemon sauce with frsh sprigs of watercress.