Baked teriyaki chicken
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 6
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tbsp cold water
- half cup white sugar
- half cup soy sauce
- quarter cup cider vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- half tsp ground ginger
- quarter tsp ground black pepper
- 12 skinless chicken thigh
- rice, to serve
- STEP 1In a small saucepan over low heat, combine the cornstarch, cold water, sugar, soy sauce, vinegar, garlic, ginger and ground black pepper. Let it simmer, stirring frequently, until sauce thickens and bubbles.
- STEP 2Preheat oven to 220 degrees C.
- STEP 3Place chicken pieces in a lightly greased 9 x 13 inch baking dish. Brush chicken with the sauce. Turn pieces over and brush again.
- STEP 4Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes. Turn pieces over and bake for another 30 minutes, until no longer pink and juices run clear. Brush with sauce every 10 minutes during cooking.
- STEP 5Serve on top of cooked rice and salad