Pasta With Yogurt Pesto
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Serves 4
A creamy flavoursome pesto without cheese or oil. Using yogurt is a great way to create an indulgent tasting yet low fat, healthy sauce.
- 40g walnut pieces
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- zest of 1 lemon
- 25g fresh parsley
- Small handful of fresh mint leaves
- 125g Yeo Valley Organic Fat Free Natural Yogurt
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 200g asparagus tips
- 350g spaghetti or other pasta shape
- Pinch of chilli flakes
- 1tsp bouillon vegetable stock powder
- 3tbsp water
- 1tbsp lemon juice
- STEP 1First make the pesto. Place the walnut pieces, garlic, lemon zest and herbs in a food processor and blend until finely chopped.
- STEP 2Gradually add the yogurt to form a smooth sauce. Season with a little black pepper. Chill in the fridge until required. This will keep covered in the fridge for up to 2 days.
- STEP 3Trim the asparagus tips. Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil. Add the spaghetti and cook according to the packet instructions.
- STEP 4Five minutes before the end, heat a large frying pan and add the chilli flakes, bouillon powder and water. Stir to dissolve the powder then toss in the asparagus tips and saute for 3-4 minutes.
- STEP 5Drain the spaghetti and tip into the frying pan with the lemon juice. Pour over the pesto sauce and toss thoroughly.
- STEP 6Serve immediately with lemon wedges and salad. For additional flavour you could sprinkle over a little freshly grated parmesan cheese.