Berry Mini Muffins
- Preparation and cooking time
- Makes 12 Mini Muffins
Healthier mini muffins with frozen berries.
- 50g Margarine
- 2 tbsp Maple Syrup
- 1 tbsp Vanilla Extract
- 300ml Boiling Water
- 300g Plain Flour
- 1/2 tsp Bicarbonate of Soda
- 60g Light Brown Sugar
- 1 cup Frozen Berries
- STEP 1Preheat the oven to 170C fan/ 190C and grease a 12 hole mini muffin pan.
- STEP 2In one bowl, add the maple syrup, margarine and vanilla extract. Pour in the boiling water and whisk everything together. Leave to one side.
- STEP 3In a large mixing bowl sieve in the flour and the bicarbonate of soda, then add the sugar.
- STEP 4Add the wet ingredients to the bowl with the dry ingredients and mix until smooth, then stir in the berries.
- STEP 5Fill the mini muffin pan evenly and bake for 20 minutes. Once cooked, leave to cool in the tin for 15 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.