Naughty Chocolate Sundae
Member recipe by imabadpixie
ServingsServes 1 - 5 Portions
An easy or hard as-you-like sundae perfect for making your friends go 'wow' at your dinner parties!
- For the sundae
- 1 tub (900ml) Carte Dor or other Vanilla Ice Cream.
- 1 pack (150gish) dutch shortbread buscuits (M&S do these), broken.
- 2-3 slices of Chocolate Cake or Brownies chopped into bitesize chunks.
- 100g Dark chocolate, chopped.
- 15-20 fresh strawberries.
- For the Sauce
- 200g plain or milk chocolate
- 10g butter
- 100g icing sugar
- 120ml single cream
- 2tbs golden syrup
- To Make the Sauce: Melt the chocolate with the butter (you can do this in the mircowave) until there are no lumps. Remember to stir this while heating.
- Once melted, leave to cool for 5 minutes and then swirl in the cream. If mixture curdles- add more cream. Sift in the icing sugar and stir.
- When ready to use- put this mixture into a pan and add the syrup. Heat this and stir until the sauce is pourable and add to the sundae (below).
- Sundae: Put the ingredients into large wine glasses or sundae bowls, varying different layers in. Fill to the top.
- Pour the warm sauce over the top and spinkle afew biscuit crumbs on top. Serve warm.