chocolate chip energy bars
- Preparation and cooking time
- Makes a few bars
a yummy treat that will give you lots of energy!
- 4oz butter
- 60ml honey
- 2oz brown sugar
- 8oz quick cooking oats
- 4oz crispy rice cereal
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons mini chocolate chips
- STEP 1Stir the oats and rice cereal together. Set aside.
- STEP 2In a small pan , melt butter , honey and brown sugar together over a medium high heat until it comes to a bubble. Reduce the heat and cook 2 minutes.
- STEP 3Pour in vanilla and stir.
- STEP 4Pour over dry ingredients and mix well to moisten all ingredients.
- STEP 5Pour into lightly greased small tray and press out to be about 3/4 inch thickness.
- STEP 6Sprinkle with mini chocolate chips and press down lightly.
- STEP 7Cool to room temperature for 2 hours or until the chocolate chips are set before cutting into bars.