Chilli Con Carne
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
- 50g Butter
- 2 Onions
- 2 Cloves Garlic
- 500g Minced Beef
- 4 tsp Cumin Powder
- 1 tsp Mild Chilli Powder (2 if you like it hot)
- 65g Tomato Puree
- 2 x 425g Cans Red Kidney Beans
- 300ml Beef Stock
- Bunch Parsley
- STEP 1Finely chop the onions, crush the garlic and fry gently in the butter for 5 minutes until golden.
- STEP 2Stir in the beef and cook, stirring for 10 minutes.
- STEP 3Add the cumin, chilli powder and tomato puree and stir into beef.
- STEP 4Drain and rinse the kidney beans and add to the pan with the stock. Season with salt and pepper.
- STEP 5Simmer for 25 minutes. Sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve with boiled rice.