Toffee and Marshmallow Rice Krispie Treats
- Preparation and cooking time
- Cooling time: 1 hour
- Makes 16 Squares
Lovely for a children's party or just as a lunch box treat these rice krispie treats will be a child and adult favourite! Great to make with the kids and you can add extra ingredients into them such as sultanas or chocolate chips!
- 200g Soft Butter Toffees
- 200g White Marshmallows
- 50g Butter,plus extra for greasing
- 165g Rice Krispies
- STEP 11. Melt the butter in a large saucepan (large enough to fit all the ingredients).
- STEP 2Add the toffees and melt them slowly in the butter (stirring continuously until melted).
- STEP 3Add the marshmallow and continue heating and stirring until they have melted.
- STEP 4Add the cereal, stirring and folding until the mixture completely covers all the ingredients. I like to do this over a gentle heat to keep the mixture free (don't worry is will go stringy when stirring it).
- STEP 5Grease a tin with a little butter that is around 20cm square and line with baking parchment then empty the mixture into the tray. Press down with a spatula (as this won't stick to the mix) and leave to cool.
- STEP 6Cut into square then serve. If not serving straight away store in layers with baking parchment underneath and in between.