Spicy Black Bean Soup
Member recipe by hross2010
A wholesome, low in fat and high in fibre soup that has got a nice spice to it.
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 large onion
- 120g of mild green chilies (usually from a jar) chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 jalapeno chili with seeds chopped
- 1 tablespoon of ground cumin
- 1 425g can of black beans
- 1 425g can of kidney beans
- 450ml of chicken stock
- Sour cream and tortilla chips to serve
- Heat oil in large pan over a medium-high heat. Add onion, green chilies, garlic, jalapeno and cumin. Saute until onion is tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add beans with juices and stock. Bring soup to boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; cover and simmer until flavours blend, about 15 minutes.
- Puree 675ml of soup in batches in a blender. Return puree to same pan. Season soup to taste with salt and pepper. Ladle soups into bowls and serve with sour cream and tortilla chips.