Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 6
Ideally cooked in the garden on a paella stand. Paella with chicken and chorizo but add whatever you have to suit your taste e.g. Seafood instead of meat.
- Paella Rice (75-100g per person)
- 2 large onions chopped
- 3 garlic cloves chopped
- 3 leeks chopped
- 1 Green and 1 Red pepper chopped
- 2 tsp paprika
- 2 whole sachets of paella spices
- 10-12 boneless chicken thighs
- Chopped chorizo
- Veg or chicken stock (approx 1.5 litres for every 500g of rice)
- Handful of frozen or fresh peas and or broad beans
- Handful of cherry tomatoes halved
- 200g Raw prawns
- Good quality olive oil
- STEP 1Pan fry the chicken thighs and chorizo on the hob and set to one side. Heat a large paella pan and add olive oil to cover the bottom.
- STEP 2Add onions and garlic and cook for a few minutes until soft.
- STEP 3Add the chopped veg and cook for about 5 minutes.
- STEP 4Add the rice and make sure it is well coated with the oil. (Add more oil if necessary). Cook the rice for about 5 minutes or until it goes opaque.
- STEP 5Add the paprika and paella spices.
- STEP 6Add the stock until it covers the rice, season and bring to the boil.
- STEP 7Simmer and add more stock as it evaporates until all the stock has been used and the rice is cooked through.
- STEP 8Add the cooked chicken thighs and chorizo to neat through.
- STEP 9Add the tomatoes and raw prawns then cover the dish with foil. Leave on a very low heat for 5-10 minutes whilst the prawns cook through and turn pink. Remove from the heat off and serve.