Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
- Preparation and cooking time
- More effort
- Makes i large family bloomer
A fabulous white crusty loaf. Good for sandwiches and fantastic for crunchy toast! Best made in a food mixer as the dough is quite damp and sticky. If making by hand and kneading on a work surface, you may need to oil it rather than use flour.
- 15g fresh yeast
- 300ml tepid water +15ml olive oil
- 450g strong plain flour
- 5g salt
- Seeds - optional
- STEP 1Rub fresh yeast into sifted flour and salt
- STEP 2Mix in the water and oil and knead for a good 5 minutes
- STEP 3Place in a large oiled bowl, cover with oiled cling film or pastic bag and leave to prove until nearly doubled in size.
- STEP 4Knock back very gently, shape loaf into an oval or round and place onto a tin. Cover with oiled film and leave until doubled in size again, then remove film, scatter with seeds if preferred and bake until golden brown, and sounds hollow when knocked on the base