Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Energising Green Smoothie
- Preparation and cooking time
- Freezing/Chilling ingredients prior to making
- Makes 1 Smoothie
Can be made for breakfast or for a refreshing boost during the day
- 2 Small / 1 Large Green Apple
- Handful of Spinach
- Handful of Green Kale
- One third of a Fresh or Frozen Lemon
- 50 ml Coconut Water
- Pinch of Ginger (optional)
- 2 Chunks of Frozen Cucumber
- STEP 1Refrigerate all fresh ingredients to ensure the smoothie is cold. Chop apple(s), spinach and kale into small chunks to allow easy blending.
- STEP 2Add all ingredients to the blender and blend for 30 seconds, adding more coconut water if consistency isn't satisfactory.
- STEP 3Blend for a further 30 seconds. Continue blending and adding coconut water until smootie is at desired consistency.