- Preparation and cooking time
- Makes 14 pancakes
Proper American pancakes, perfect for breakfast with bacon and maple syrup. Stop buying those pre-made ones off the supermarket shelves! These are even easier!
- 200g plain flour
- 200ml milk
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 eggs, separate whites and yolks
- 2 tsp honey
- pinch of salt
- butter for frying
- STEP 1Sift the flour and baking powder into a large bowl and create a well in the middle.
- STEP 2Use a whisk and fluff the whites until they're really thick and hold together.
- STEP 3Pour the milk, egg yolks and honey into the well in the flour, and use a folk to fold in the flour from the outside inwards. Do this in a circular motion going around the bowl. Make sure there are now lumps, but equally don't over mix. You can add a pinch of salt now.
- STEP 4Gently fold in the fluffy egg whites, taking care to not flatten the consistency.
- STEP 5Melt a knob of butter in a large frying pan over a medium-high heat.
- STEP 6Add one large tablespoon of the mix carefully to the pan and allow to settle. When it stops spreading, do the next one. Try to avoid each pancake touching in the pan.
- STEP 7As soon as you see bubbles on the surface of the pancake, flip it. Don't move the frying pan, just use a fish slice or spatula.
- STEP 8As they are cooked, put the pancakes on a plate and cover with foil.
- STEP 9Serve as a stack with anything you like! Suggestions include bacon and maple syrup, bananas cinnamon and honey, or good old lemon and sugar. Enjoy.