Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
deviled egg sandwich
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- More effort
- Makes Sandwiches
- 3/4 cup soft butter or cream cheese
- 20 slices bread of your choice
- 4 or 5 hardboiled eggs
- 8 ounces canned sardines in oil, oil reserved
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons mustard
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper, or to taste
- STEP 1Spread 1 side of each slice of bread with butter or cream cheese.
- STEP 2Place all the remaining ingredients except reserved oil in a food processor.
- STEP 3Whirl until a spread is formed, adding reserved oil and/or mayonnaise to bring it to spreading consistency.
- STEP 4Spread the mixture evenly over 10 slices of bread.
- STEP 5top with the other 10.
- STEP 6remove the crusts and cut into tea sandwiches.