Chicken Curry Tea Sandwich
Member recipe by hjbetts
ServingsServes 1 - 8 Sandwiches
- 2 cooked whole chicken breasts, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped nuts
- 4 celery stalks, finely chopped
- Salt to taste
- Mayonnaise (enough to moisten)
- Curry powder or paste to taste
- 16 slices best-quality white bread*
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- In a large bowl, combine chicken, nuts, celery, salt, and mayonnaise.
- Stir until well blended.
- Add curry powder or paste (Remember, a little goes a long way with curry - be careful).
- Spread one side of each piece of bread lightly with butter.
- Top the buttered side of 8 slices of bread with some of the chicken mixture.
- Top with the remaining bread slices, buttered side down.
- Carefully cut the crusts from each sandwich with a long, sharp knife.
- Cut the sandwiches in half diagonally and then cut in half again.