Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
The easiest and best BBQ pulled pork recipe (slow cooker)
- Preparation and cooking time
- Makes 12-16 floury baps - depending on size of joint.
I had trouble finding a recipe that didn't have a million ingredients but this one is amazing so thought I'd share!
- Boneless pork shoulder with skin/fat on
- 1 carton of the cheapest concentrated apple juice
- 2 Jars of BBQ cooking sauce (asda Maple BBQ sauce is lovely)
- STEP 1Stick the pork in the slow cooker, skin side up and pour over the carton of apple juice. The pork does not need to be completely cover by the juice.
- STEP 2Slow cook on low setting overnight - a good 10-12 hours if you can manage it.
- STEP 3Remove the pork from the cooker, take off and discard the hard skin and fat but keep the soft squishy fat.
- STEP 4Shred the pork with a fork and stir the pork and soft fat back into the slow cooker juice.
- STEP 5Stir in the BBQ sauce and cook on low for another hour or until ready to serve.
- STEP 6Serve with anything you fancy! I like to serve mine with floury baps, roasted Mediterranean vegetables, garlic roast potatoes, and creamy coleslaw. Delicious!