German Potato Salad
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 6
- 5 strips bacon
- 3/4 cup onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup cider vinegar
- 1 1/3 cups water
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 cups sliced cooked peeled potatoes
- STEP 1In a large skillet, fry bacon until crisp; remove and set aside.
- STEP 2Drain all but 2 tablespoons of drippings; cook onion until tender.
- STEP 3Stir in flour, blend well.
- STEP 4Add vinegar and water; cook and stir until bubbly and slightly thick.
- STEP 5Add sugar and stir until it dissolves.
- STEP 6Crumble bacon; gently stir in bacon and potatoes until it starts to sizzle
- STEP 7Serve warm.