Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Roast Vegetable Filo Parcels
- Preparation and cooking time
- Makes 6 parcels
A quick and easy recipe for a lunch time treat , or something different to go with your Sunday roast
- 6 tbsp of ricotta cheese
- 2 1/2 tbsp of dried sage
- 1 large red onion
- 2 large garlic cloves
- 2 carrots
- 1 large red pepper
- 1 medium courgette
- 1 large handful of cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 a butternut squash
- 1 pack of filo pastry (9 sheets)
- 1 1/2 tbsp of oil, for roasting
- Melted butter, for the pastry
- STEP 1Heat the oven to 180C. In a small bowl, mix together 1 tbsp of the dried sage and the ricotta cheese. Set aside in the fridge.
- STEP 2Chop up the vegetables for roasting - the harder vegetables will take longer, so need to be smaller than the rest. Place in a large bowl and mix with the oil, 1 tbsp of dried sage and season well with salt and pepper.
- STEP 3Smash the garlic cloves with the flat side of a knife and rub around the inside of the roasting tin; put the garlic in with the rest of the vegetables and place everything in the roasting tin. Spread out evenly.
- STEP 4Roast until soft - removing from the oven every 15 minutes to turn over to ensure even cooking - before removing from the oven and allowing to cool slightly whilst you work on the pastry. Remember to remove the garlic cloves and discard. Turn the oven up to 200C.
- STEP 5Take 3 sheets of the filo pastry; spread the first out on clean, dry surface and brush lightly with some melted butter. Place the second sheet on top and repeat until you have three sheets stuck together. Cut in half; one half will form one parcel. Repeat until you have enough pastry prepared for six parcels.
- STEP 6Remove the sage/ricotta mix from the fridge. Spread 1 tbsp of the mix in the centre of each sheet of filo; pile the roast vegetables on top of the cheese. Fold up the pastry to form parcels, using melted butter to seal the pastry. There may be left over vegetables which can be used as leftovers.
- STEP 7Place the parcels on a baking tray (non-stick) and cook for 15 minutes - or until the pastry is golden brown.