Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Chocolate Chip Cake
- Preparation and cooking time
- Makes 1 cake if a round tin is used
Cake recipe with simple ingredients in everyone's kitchen
- 250g self raising flour
- 250g butter
- 4 eggs
- Castor sugar
- 1tbs vanilla extract
- 100 g of chocolate chips
- STEP 1In a mixer, mix the sugar and butter until smooth
- STEP 2Whisk the eggs until it is frothy and gradually incorporated in to the butter and sugar mixture. you will need to repeat whisking the eggs and scoping the froth until all the egg has been used up.
- STEP 3Sieve the flour into the mixture and fold in with a metal serving spoon until smooth and add the vanilla extract and chocolate chips. Preheat oven to 200 degree centigrade
- STEP 4Spread a knob of butter in a baking tin and then dust with flour. Pour in the cake mixture and set temperature to 160c and bake for 30 mins or until a tooth pick inserted into the cake comes out clean and not sticky