Member recipe by heatherckmiles
Delicious baked egg dish - scrummy hot or cold. Traditionally served as a starter in our home or a nice light lunch dish. Ideal for packed lunches and picnics
- 1 boneless, skinless chicken breast, diced
- 2 large potatoes, peeled and cut into small 1cm dice
- 1 or 2 Garlic cloves, crushed
- 8 x free range eggs
- large handfull of fresh parsely, chopped
- Generous pinch of salt and pepper to taste
- 1tsp of parprika / cayenne pepper depending how spicy you like it.
- 1tsp Ground Tumeric
- 1/2tsp Cumin
- In some oil fry the small diced potato until lightly golden and cooked through. Alternatively you can boil the potatoes if you prefer to keep it healthy
- Dice the chicken breast and add to a frying pan with a little oil and the spices and garlic until the chicken is covered with the spices and cooked through. This will only take a few minutes.
- Once the potato and chicken is cooked. Set aside. Taking a medium to large baking dish, grease the sides with some of the oil and add the potato, chicken and parsely and mix well together in the dish, spreading the mixture evenly along the bottom. Check the seasoning and adjust if neccessary.
- In a seperate bowl beat the 8 egss together and pour over the ingrediants in the dish and bake in a preheated oven at 200c for 30 minutes.
- Check after 20 mins to see if the tagine has set all the way through and is a firm texture. Remove from the oven whilst hot and cut into squares leaving in the dish until slightly cooled and then serve with a green salad for lunch or on its own as a starter or with crusty bread and Tunisian Grilled Salad. Yummy!