Home made mayonnaise
- Preparation and cooking time
- More effort
- Makes Serves 6-7 people
This mayonnaise is so easy to make and tastes so much better than the shop bought mayo.
- 1-2 egg yolks
- 1-2 teaspoons of french mustard
- 100-200ml of olive oil
- 2-3 teaspoons of white wine vinegar
- A pinch of salt and pepper
- A few sprigs of chives
- STEP 1Place the egg yolk in a large bowl, put the mustard in the bowl and mix.
- STEP 2While whisking continuously gradually add the oil. Don't let it curdle, if it does you will have to start from scratch!
- STEP 3Once all the oil has been added. Add the vinegar, salt and pepper
- STEP 4To serve I like to finely chop up chives and sprinkle on top.