Garlic crushed potatoes
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
Delicious and simple crispy patatoes! Head to my blog for more - http://aunichef.wordpress.com/
- 1kg small potatoes
- 4 shallots
- 8 garlic cloves, crushed with skin on
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper
- STEP 1Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas mark 6.
- STEP 2Wash the potatoes. Leave the skin on and cut each in half. Peel and halve the shallots.
- STEP 3Place the potatoes in a pan of boiling water for fifteen minutes or until the potatoes are soft (a sharp knife should pass straight through).
- STEP 4Put the vegetable oil in a large baking tray and place in the preheated oven.
- STEP 5Turn off the hob and drain the potatoes. Return them to the saucepan with all the other ingredients. Season generously.
- STEP 6Put a tight fitting lid onto the saucepan. Making sure you hold the lid down tightly, vigorously shake, bashing all the ingredients together and slightly crumbling the potatoes.
- STEP 7Spoon the contents into the baking tray and return to the oven to cook for thirty minutes, or until the potatoes are crispy and brown.