Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Richie's Rocky Road
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Cooking time 5 minutes.
- Makes Pieces
A favourite for children's parties.
- 8 oz pink and white marshmallows.
- 5 1/2 oz unsalted peanuts, roughly chopped.
- 3 oz glace cherries, halved.
- 2 oz shredded coconut.
- 11 oz dark chocolate.
- STEP 1Line the base of a shallow 20cm square cake tin with foil, leaving it to hang over two sides.
- STEP 2Mix together the marshmarrows, peanuts, cherries and the coconut.
- STEP 3Put the chocolate in a heatproof bowl, half fill a pan with water and bring to the boil.
- STEP 4Remove from the heat and place the bowl over the pan, making sure it is sitting in the water, stir occasionally until the chocolate has melted.
- STEP 5Add the chocolate to the marshmallow mixture and mix.
- STEP 6Press evenly into the tin, refrigerate for a few hours, or until set.
- STEP 7Lift out and cut into small pieces.