Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
feta and vegetable pie
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
I love this dish! It's so yummy when you have come back from school or work...(e.t.c) To a nice tea of feta!
- 1 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 220g pack (6 sheets) ready rolled filo pastry
- 500g frozen chopped spinach defrosted
- 200g carrots,peeled and grated.
- 28gpack fresh flat-leaf parsley chopped
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 50g pine nuts
- 150g SO organic Greek feta,crumbled
- 3 medium British free-range Woodland eggs,lightly beaten.
- 170g bag baby leaf italian style pepprey salad
- STEP 1Preheat the oven to 200oc fan 180oC, gas 6. Brush a round, 20cm loose-based cake tin with a little of the oil. Layer 3 sheets of filo in the base and up the sides of the tin,brushing each sheet a little oil.
- STEP 2Squeeze any excess water out of the defrosted spinach. Put the spinach in a large bowl and stir in the carrot,parsley,oregano,pine nuts and feta. Add the eggs and the season with freshly ground black pepper. Mix well until combined.
- STEP 3Spoon the spinach mixture into the tin and fold the overhanging pastry over the top of the mixture. Top with the remaining 3 sheets of filo, scrunching a little to fit the tin, and brushing the top of each with a little oil.
- STEP 4Bake for 35- 45 mins, until golden and crisp, then cut into wedges and serve with the baby leaf salad on the side. Hey Presto!