BBQ Gressingham Duck Breasts
Member recipe by gressingham
A delicious duck recipe with Honey, Ginger and Soy Sauce perfect for long sunny days
- 6 Gressingham Duck Breasts, skin left on
- 75g runny honey
- 2 tsp chopped fresh root ginger
- 25ml soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp chinese five-spice powder
- 1/2 tsp mild curry powder
- 1 clove fresh garlic
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- Salt and pepper
- Using a sharp knife, score the skins of the duck breasts, season well and set aside.
- To make the marinade, place all of the remaining ingredients into a liquidiser, blitz well and pour into a bowl.
- Place the duck breasts onto a pre-heated BBQ skin-side down and continuously baste/brush the breasts with the honey marinade throughout the cooking time, while moving the breasts around to avoid sticking. The duck breasts should take around 15 minutes to cook. Alternatively cut the duck breasts into strips for a quicker cooking time.
- Delicious served with garlic and lavender new potatoes.