Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Serves 4
A yummy bolognese for those in a hurry.
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 large carrot, grated
- 2tbsp sunflower oil
- 500g lean minced beef
- 1 beef stock cube, dissolved in 2 tbsp boiling water
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 1 tbsp pesto
- 2 tbsp dried oregano
- STEP 1Heat the oil and gently fry the onion and garlic.
- STEP 2Add the minced beef and cook until browned all over.
- STEP 3Add the grated carrot, tinned tomatoes, tomato puree and ketchup.
- STEP 4Cook for 5 minutes.
- STEP 5Add the stock cube, oregano and pesto. Simmer for 20 minutes. Serve with the pasta of your choice and some garlic bread.