Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Pressure Cooker Christmas Pudding
- Preparation and cooking time
- More effort
- Serves 6
For 'old style' high dome Tower / Prestige pressure cookers
- 100g Self Raising Flour
- 75g Shredded Vegetable Suet
- 100g Muscovado Sugar (Light Brown sugar is fine)
- 1/2 tsp Ground Nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp Mixed Spice
- 500g Mixed Fruit
- 1/2 Lemon Rind (Grated)
- 1 tbsp Brandy
- 1 tbsp Milk
- 2 Medium Eggs
- STEP 1This recipe suits a 5 litre 'high-dome' pressure cooker and fills a 2pt / 1ltr bowl. Grease the bowl and place a circle of greaseproof paper in the base.
- STEP 2Mix together the flour, sugar, suet then add the fruit & spice.
- STEP 3Mix together the eggs, brandy & milk.
- STEP 4Add the liquid to the dry mix and stir well.
- STEP 5Place the mix in the greased bowl and place a double layer of greaseproof paper over the mix. Cover the bowl with aluminium foil and tie around the bowl with string to secure the foil.
- STEP 6Place the trivet and the basket in the base of the pressure cooker and place the bowl in the basket. Fill the pressure cooker with cold water to approximately 20mm below the top of the bowl.
- STEP 7Secure the pressure cooker lid and bring to pressure on the hob. Once pressure is reached, apply the 5lb weight (or maintain 5lb pressure) for 2.5hrs.
- STEP 8The pudding can be served straight away or stored (covered with cling film) and re-streamed using the above steaming method (covering again with foil) for 30 mins