Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Creamy Tomato Soup
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
A thick, tasty, warming soup with a smooth texture.
- 6 medium sized tomatoes (on a vine or loose)
- 2 small Carrots
- 150 ml skimmed cream
- 1 small potato
- 1 onion
- For flavor add: mixed herbs, 3-4 oxo veg cubes, mild chili powder, coriander, mixed spices.
- 1 table spoon sugar
- tea spoon margarine/butter
- 1 pint water
- STEP 1Peel & chop the veg.
- STEP 2Start to cook the onions first in the butter/ margarine. Cook for 2-3 mins
- STEP 3Add the carrots, potato, tomatoes, water to the onions.
- STEP 4Then start to add the flavorings. Stir well.
- STEP 5Add the sugar and cream. Stir well.
- STEP 6Cook for around 20-30 mins with lid on.
- STEP 7Serve.