Nick Nairn's Strawberry Towers
Member recipe by good_chef
This is a quick and easy strawberry dessert recipe which is sure to impress your guests.
- 8 good quality shortbread biscuits
- 350g Good Natured strawberries, hulled and halved
- 150ml whipping cream
- 4 teaspoons Bonne Maman or other good quality strawberry jam
- For the raspberry sauce:
- 350g Good Natured raspberries
- 25g icing sugar, or more to taste
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- First make the raspberry sauce. Sprinkle the sugar over the raspberries and lemon juice and leave for 20 minutes. Then force the mix through a fine sieve or chinois to remove the seeds. Cover and refrigerate until needed.
- When ready to serve, whip the cream to a soft peak stage, so that it's thickened but still a bit floppy. Place a biscuit on each plate and dollop a heaped tablespoon of cream onto the centre of each.
- Take 4-6 strawberry halves of roughly the same size, and arrange in a circle, cut side out and alternatively point up and point down, around the rim of each biscuit, pressing into the cream to hold them in place.
- Add a teaspoonful of strawberry jam in the centre of the strawberries, dollop a little more whipped cream on top, and crown with another biscuit, pressing down gently to make sure the cream and strawberries merge together, but not so hard that the cream comes squishing out the sides!
- Top with a little dollop of cream, and a half strawberry, arrange more strawberry halves around the outside of the plate, and drizzle with raspberry sauce.