Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Chocolate Chip Chocolate Cupcakes
- Preparation and cooking time
- More effort
- Makes 24 Cupcakes
White chocolate chip in chocolate cupcakes topped with chocolate cream and white chocolate!
- 250g Caster Sugar
- 250g Butter
- 5 Eggs - Beaten
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 tbs Baking Powder
- 200g Self Raising Flour
- 60g Bournville Cocoa Powder
- 100g White Chocolate Chips
- 150g Butter
- 375g Icing Sugar
- 75g Bournville Cocoa Powder
- 6 tbsp milk
- White chocolate stars
- STEP 1Mix the caster sugar and butter in a large bowl with a wooden spoon or electric whisk.
- STEP 2Add a small amount of egg into the mixture and blend in. Repeat adding small amounts of egg and blending until all egg is mixed in and the mixture is creamy. Then add the vanilla.
- STEP 3Mix the flour, baking powder and cocoa in another bowl then sieve into the egg, sugar and butter mix then fold in until no powder is visible and the mix is smooth. Finally mix in the chocolate chips.
- STEP 4Spoon the mixture in to paper cupcake cases and then bake in oven for 20 - 25 minutes at 160 degrees C.
- STEP 5For the topping mix the butter and icing sugar. Mix the cocoa powder with the some milk to form a creamy paste then add to butter and sugar. Add more milk if required to make piping easier.
- STEP 6When the cakes have cooled down pipe the topping mix on the top and then sprinkle with more white chocolate.