Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Express Brown Rice Pulao
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 3
Easy-to-make, high in fibre meal. Perfect for lunchboxes. Goes well with Flavourless Yoghurt/Raitha.
- Brown Rice-250 gms
- Potatoes- 2 small potatoes/ 1 medium to large sized potato (chopped)
- Frozen peas- (a handful)
- Cumin seeds- 2tsp
- Pepper- 1tsp
- Water-500 ml
- Yoghurt/ Raitha (Optional)
- Turmeric-1/4 tsp
- STEP 1Wash the brown rice thoroughly. Add the rice, water, chopped potatoes, peas, spices and salt.
- STEP 2Cook in a pressure cooker.
- STEP 3You can serve it with a popularly used onion -tomato yoghurt raitha. (mix chopped onions and tomato with a pinch of salt in a bowl of yoghurt)