Banana Walnut Choco-Chip Loaf
- Preparation and cooking time
- Makes 8 big triangular pieces in a round dish
This moist easy to make loaf is perfect if you have an hour and you want to make something that tastes divine.
- Banana-4 no.s
- Atta (Wheat Flour)-250 gms
- Castor Sugar- 250 gms
- Eggs-2 no.s
- Butter- 100 gms
- Chocolate Chips ( optional) – as much as you’d like, I like to put in a handful :P)
- Walnuts – 10-15 no.s
- Golden Syrup- A generous dribble (optional)
- Baking Soda- ½ tsp
- (Tip: Use salted butter! Salt gives loafs and breads a unique flavor and does not let it become too sweet.So in place of salt,I just use salted butter,it serves the purpose.
- STEP 1Take a large bowl.Peel and mash the bananas. Slowly fold in the castor sugar while continuously stirring it into the mashed banana mixture.
- STEP 2Break the eggs and add into the mixture, one by one, stirring continuously. Whisk the mixture until the eggs are mixed in smoothly.
- STEP 3Add the baking soda.
- STEP 4Add the butter into the mixture. Mix well. Remember to use soft butter so it folds well and results in a smooth mixture.
- STEP 5Add the wheat flour slowly little by little, constantly stirring the batter.
- STEP 6Line the dish you want to use to bake your cake with butter. You could also use butter paper. Pour the batter into a baking friendly cake dish/ loaf pan directly or on the butter paper lined dish.
- STEP 7Add walnuts, chocolates chips and golden syrup. Stir the mixture.
- STEP 8Place in an oven or microwave (convection setting) at 180 degrees C for 55 minutes. After 55 minutes insert a fork straight into the cake/loaf and see if it comes out smoothly. You could also look at the color of your cake to decide if it needs to stay inside for a little while longer)
- STEP 9Tip: If you like your loaf/cake to be a golden brown stick to 55 minutes. If you like it like I do, moist on the inside and dark brown and mildly crusty on the outside, 60 minutes is what I’d suggest.
- STEP 10Note: Don’t worry if you don’t get it right the first time around. And if it turns out alright, don’t forget to click some photos