Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Fruity Christmas Stuffing
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Plus at least 2/3 hours marinating time (pref. 24 hours)
- More effort
- Serves 6
Easy-to-make Christmassy stuffing - which is also delicious!
- 1 med. sized onion, chopped
- 4 tbsp dried cranberries, chopped
- 4 tbsp dried prunes, chopped
- Half a tin of vacuum packed chestnuts, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 4 slices stale bread, blitzed into breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 450g turkey mince
- Glug of brandy
- Olive oil
- 5/6 fresh sage leaves, chopped
- A few sprigs of fresh thyme, chopped
- A sprig of fresh rosemary, chopped
- STEP 1Put the dried fruit and chestnuts into a bowl and add a glug of brandy. Leave to marinate for at least 2/3 hours, but preferably overnight.
- STEP 2Add the turkey mince, breadcrumbs and chopped fresh herbs to the fruit, chestnut and brandy mixture. Mix well.
- STEP 3Heat the oil in a frying pan and gently fry the onions until soft and translucent (add the chopped garlic when onions nearly translucent). Leave to cool.
- STEP 4Add the cooled fried onions and garlic to the turkey mince mixture, then add the egg and salt and pepper. Mix well.
- STEP 5You can either shape the stuffing mix into balls and cook in the oven (around Gas Mark 6) for 30-40 mins (or until done) or put the mixture into a greased oven dish and cook for around 45-50 mins (or until cooked).