Member recipe by garyirving
Follow my step-by-step recipe for this easy cheesecake ÃÂ¢ÃÂÃÂ a delicious dessert for all occasions
- The base
- 200g Digestive Biscuits (Chocolate Digestives are best)
- 100g Butter
- The Filling
- 300g Cream Cheese
- 200g Whipping Cream
- 200g Toblerone
- Crush the digestives, and melt the butter in a pan. Once melted, add the digestives to the butter and mix together.
- Place the base mixture in a springform cake tin (approx 8") and press down until firm and even.
- Melt the Toblerone in a bowl over a pot of simmering water.
- Empty the cheese into a large bowl and beat until smooth. Lightly whisk the cream until almost stiff and then add to the cheese.
- Add the melted toblerone to the mixture and mix well (the whole mixture should be light brown).
- Pour the mixture onto the base, smoothing out. Bang the cake tin on a solid surface to ensure the mixture settles.
- Refrigerate for 2-3 hours, then add some small pieces of chocolate to the top to serve.