- Preparation and cooking time
- More effort
- Serves 12
Easy way to make a great favourite, and perfect with Porky's Pakora Sauce.
- 300g gram flour
- 450g potatoes
- 60g onions, chopped
- 10g garam masala
- Salt to taste
- 5g red chilli powder
- 5g ground cumin
- 30g tomato ketchup
- 30g natural yoghurt
- 10g fresh coriander chopped
- 200ml water
- Vegetable oil for frying
- STEP 1Peel the potatoes and cut them into small dice. Put the potatoes and chopped onions in a large bowl.
- STEP 2Add the garam masala, gram flour, salt, chilli powder and ground cumin and mix well until the flour is distributed evenly and a rough paste is formed.
- STEP 3Add the tomato ketchup, yoghurt and coriander and mix well again.
- STEP 4Now add water until the mixture just holds its consistency when dripping off the back of the spoon.
- STEP 5Heat the vegetable oil. To judge whether the oil is hot enough, put a piece of bread in and, if it rises to the surface immediately, the oil is ready.
- STEP 6Cook the pakoras in batches By dropping one tablespoon of the mixture at a time into the hot oil. When the pakoras bob up to the surface, push them down gently with slotted spoon.
- STEP 7Cook the Pakoras until they turn a dark brown. Remove the pakoras from the oil, gently shaking off the excess oil before serving.