Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Cheats chicken and bean soup
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Serves 2
A very quick and easy recipe to jazz up tinned soup for when you're in a real hurry.
- 1 x 400g tin of cream of chicken soup
- 2-4 tbsp lemon juice (according to taste)
- Half a tin of borlotti beans
- 1/2 tsp sumac
- Large pinch of mild chili powder
- Large pinch of ground cinnamon
- Small handfull of chopped fresh corriander
- STEP 1Gently warm the soup in a saucepan, add the lemon juice and stir through.
- STEP 2Add the spices and stir through, then add the beans and continue to stir while heating through. Taste and season as required.
- STEP 3When thoroughly heated, stir through the chopped corriander.