Chocolate Biscuit Cake
Member recipe by foodiequeen123
Divine smooth outer layer and crunchy inner great for kids party's,formal party's and picnics.
- 400 g rich tea biscuits
- 225 g butter, such as Kerrygold
- 85 g caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp drinking chocolate
- 100 g milk chocolate
- Break each of the biscuits into little pieces in a bowl.
- Melt the butter and the caster sugar in a saucepan over a low heat. Once it has melted, add the cocoa and the drinking chocolate.
- In a separate bowl, beat the two eggs, then add the beaten eggs to the butter and sugar mixture, and mix well.
- Pour over the broken biscuits. Press the mixture into a tin lined with greaseproof paper. Cover with another sheet of greaseproof paper and press down well.
- Leave the biscuits mix to set in the fridge over night.
- Break the milk chocolate into a bowl and set over a pan of boiling water to melt. Make sure the bowl does not touch the water. Once melted pour the chocolate over the biscuit mixture and leave to set.
- Once set, remove from the tin and slice into squares