Sweet & Sour Ribs
Member recipe by fetchgirl
A great recipe for a family-friendly meal or for a simple get-together with friends.
- 2 racks (600g) American-style pork ribs
- 1tbsp honey
- 2tbsp plum sauce
- 1tbsp barbecue sauce
- 1tbsp tomato sauce
- 2tsp soy sauce
- Turn the oven to 200'C. Put the honey and all the sauces into a large glass bowl, then stir to mix together.
- Put one rack of ribs in the bowl, turning it with your hands so it gets covered with the sauce mixture. Leave the ribs to marinade for an hour or overnight for more flavour. When marinating, cover the ribs tightly with plastic wrap and put them in the refridgerator.
- Put a metal rack in a baking dish and sit the coated ribs on it. Repeat Step 2 for the second rack of ribs (leave the leftover sauce mixture in the bowl for later). Put the ribs in the oven and bake, uncovered, for 30 minutes. Remove the ribs from the oven and brush them with the rest of the sauce mixture. Put the ribs back in the oven for about 20 minutes, or until cooked.
- Best served with corn-on-the-cob and a side salad.