Red pepper fish stew
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
- 2 onion blended
- 2 fennel bulbs blended (optional)
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 5 red sweet pointed (or bell) peppers
- 1 tbsp smoked paprìka
- A handful halves cherry toms
- 900ml hot vegetable stock
- 550g halved new potatoes
- 500g smoked white fish (haddock, ect) diced
- 100g squid rings (optional)
- Cracked black pepper and himilayan rock salt
- STEP 1Add onion and fennel to a blender till finely diced. Heat oil and add onion mix. Cook for 3min. Season with black pepper and rock salt.
- STEP 2Add peppers and paprika. Cook for 5min, add toms, stock and bring to the boil. Reduce to simmer and add potatoes.
- STEP 3Simmer for 20min stirring occassionally until potatoes are soft. Top up with hot water if nessesary.
- STEP 4Stir in seafood. Cover and cook 5 - 10min till fish flakey. Remove from heat. Season to taste and serve with bread and butter.