Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Spaghetti aglio e olio in ground almonds and green peas
- Preparation and cooking time
- Makes 3-4
This dish has the richness of a pasta in parmesan and cream sauce, but is lighter and more refreshing thanks to the use of ground almonds and milk.
- 300g spaghetti
- 3 shallots
- finely diced 4 garlic cloves, peeled and smashed
- Zest of 2 lemons
- 175ml olive oil
- 120ml white wine
- 120ml almond milk
- 300g green peas, fresh or frozen
- Pumpkin-seed or basil oil
- 100g ground almonds
- Basil or Tarragon to serve
- STEP 1Put the pasta in a large saucepan of boiling, salted water and cook to al dente, while you make the sauce.
- STEP 2Put the shallots, whole smashed garlic cloves and lemon zest in a frying pan with a little salt, then add the olive oil, cooking until the shallots are translucent but not browned, and the oil is infused with the lemon zest and garlic.
- STEP 3Add the wine and almond milk; let it reduce a little. Remove the garlic cloves (you can use them later on bruschetta or in a mash). Add the peas, and cook until just done – they should still remain crisp and green.
- STEP 4Add the pasta to the pan and stir, mixing well with the sauce and the peas, so the sauce is coating the spaghetti evenly. Add half the ground almonds, mix well and spread evenly so they cling to the spaghetti. Add the second half and stir well. To serve, drizzle with the pumpkin-seed or basil oil, then scatter with herbs.