Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Mini Heart-Shaped Cake
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- More effort
- Serves 4
Mini heart-shaped chocolate cakes, lavishly decorated with melted white chocolate, icing and sprinkles. For an extra indulgent edible gift, sandwich two cakes together with pink butter cream.
- 125 grams Chocolate, good quality dark
- 3 tbsp Milk
- 150 grams Butter softened
- 150 grams Golden Caster Sugar (Billington's)
- 3 Happy Eggs
- 200 grams Plain White Flour (Allinson Nature Friendly)
- 1 tbsp Cocoa Powder
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 0.25 tsp Bicarbonate Of Soda
- 100 grams White Chocolate Flavour Cake Covering (Silver Spoon Cakecraft)
- 140 grams Butter
- 140 grams Icing Sugar (Silver Spoon Homegrown)
- Pink Food Colour (Silver Spoon Create)
- Fairy Sprinkles (Silver Spoon Create) to decorate
- Coloured Choco Beans (Silver Spoon Create) to decorate
- Pink Designer Icing (Silver Spoon Create) to decorate
- STEP 1Preheat the oven to 180ÃÂ°C, Fan oven 160ÃÂ°C /gas 4.
- STEP 2Butter and flour the sides of four 10 cm heart shaped tins and line the bases with greaseproof paper.
- STEP 3For the cake: Snap the chocolate into chunks and place in a bowl. Add the milk and
- STEP 4sit the bowl over a saucepan of gently simmering water and heat until the chocolate
- STEP 5has melted. (Make sure the bottom of the bowl doesnÃ¢ÂÂt touch the surface of the water.) Set aside to cool slightly.
- STEP 6Beat the butter until very soft then add the caster sugar and continue to beat until the
- STEP 7mixture is pale and fluffy. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, and then fold in the melted chocolate.
- STEP 8Sift in the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and the bicarbonate of soda, and fold
- STEP 9in gently to mix. Divide the mixture between the tins and bake in the oven for 25 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the middle of each cake comes out clean.
- STEP 10Remove the cakes from the oven and allow to sit for five minutes before turning them out of their tins and placing them on a wire rack to cool. When cool slice the cake in half.
- STEP 11For the chocolate butter icing Melt the chocolate in the microwave on High for 1ÃÂ½ minute, stirring halfway. Leave to cool. Beat the butter and icing sugar in a large bowl until creamy. Beat in the chocolate until smooth. Spread the butter icing on the bottom half of the cake and sandwich with the other half.