Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Ten Vegetable Chicken Bake
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Serves 4
A delicious one pot meal of tender vegetables with crispy chicken thighs on top.
- 2 Carrots - thickly sliced
- 2 small or 1 large Sweet Potato - peeled and cut into chunks
- 6-8 Baby Potatoes - cut into wedges
- 2 Leeks - sliced
- 2 Peppers - 1 red and 1 yellow or orange - cut into biggish chunks
- 2 sticks of Celery - sliced
- 1 Courgette - thickly sliced
- 1 red Chilli - seeds removed finely sliced
- A handful of Haricot Vert (French beans/green beans/dwarf beans, whatever you want to call them) - topped and tailed
- A handful of sliced white cabbage
- 300ml Chicken Stock (hot)
- 10-15 Baby Tomatoes
- STEP 1Mix all the vegetables other than the tomatoes together and place them in a large roasting dish
- STEP 2Pour the hot chicken stock over the vegetables and place the chicken thighs skin side up on top. Rub paprika into the chicken skin and scatter fresh (or dried) thyme over the entire dish.
- STEP 3Tightly seal the dish with aluminium foil - it must be really tightly sealed so use a lot of foil
- STEP 4Bake at 180C for about 40 minutes then take the foil off, increase the temperature to 210C. Add the cherry tomatoes and bake for another 30 minutes or until the chicken is crispy and the vegetables are soft