No Knead Bread
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Plus 24 hours rising time
- Serves 6
A very easy bread recipe that is absolutely delicious!
- 360 ml warm water
- 7g dried yeast ( one sachet)
- 500g strong white bread flour
- 7-10g salt (according to taste)
- Oven temperature 200c
- STEP 1Find yourself a suitable container that will fit in your fridge over night such as a largish Tupperware sandwich box (it will all make sense later)
- STEP 2Pour 360ml warm water into the box and add the sachet of yeast and stir until dissolved
- STEP 3Add 500g white bread flour and the salt, stir with a fork until all the flour has been incorporated, flatten with the back of the fork
- STEP 4Pop the lid of your box on top but don't close tightly, you don't want it to explode!
- STEP 5Leave it on the work top for about 2 hours for the yeast to do its thing
- STEP 6After 1 1/2 to 2 hours it should have doubled in size, it's now time to put it to bed in the fridge overnight..
- STEP 7After 24 hours or so take out the dough and tip onto a floured surface and fold onto itself a couple of times with floured hands, there's no need to do more than this
- STEP 8Shape the dough and put onto a baking tray to rise a second time, approx 1 hour depending on the warmth of your kitchen, score the top
- STEP 9After half an hour preheat your oven to 200 c
- STEP 10When you're ready to cook your loaf add a cup full of water to the tray in the bottom of the oven and bake your bread for half an hour, it should sound hollow to the touch when tapped and be a lovely golden brown
- STEP 11This dough can be left in the fridge for up to a week