Member recipe by alexl96
ServingsServes 1 - 12
A great christmas treat using every day ingredients. Also freezable!
- Pinch of Salt
- 255g Plain Flour
- 85g Icing Sugar
- 115g Margarine
- 55g Lard
- 1 Egg Yolk
- 1 Jar of Mince Meat
- Preheat the oven to 180C/fan 160C/gas 4.
- Put the salt, flour and icing sugar in a bowl together and mix. Then rub in the fats until it looks like bread crumbs.
- Add the egg yolk and mix. If the mixture doesn't stick together add a small amount of water.
- Get some patty tins out then roll out the pastry to approx. 1/8 inch thick and cut out 12 big and 12 small pastry circles ( Using cutters ).
- Place the bigger circles in the tins first pushing them down to fit then fill with mince meat and place the smaller circle on top.
- Prick with a fork before putting them in the oven for 15-20 minutes until pale golden.