Hot Cardamon Bananas
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Serves 2
Simple dessert, delicious with creme fraiche
- 4 bananas, not too ripe
- 75g unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- A little lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons soft light brown sugar
- 6 cardamon pods, husks removed and the seeds crushed
- 1 tablespoon flaked almonds
- Creme fraiche to serve
- STEP 1Preheat oven to 200C.
- STEP 2Peel and slice bananas diagonally to give elongated ovals.
- STEP 3Butter a baking dish and place bananas in dish with sugar and cardamon.
- STEP 4Squeeze over a little lemon juice and bake for 7 minutes or so until the sugar has melted.
- STEP 5Remove from oven and baste the bananas with the pan juices.
- STEP 6Add the butter and scatter over the almonds.
- STEP 7Return to the oven for another 7 minutes until the bananas are soft and the almonds are golden and crisp.
- STEP 8Serve hot with creme fraiche.