- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Serves 1
A novel cross between a pizza and a quesadilla, great for a lunch or lighter meal...
- 2 Tortilla wraps
- Approx 75g grated cheese
- 1 clove of garlic, very finely chopped
Butter for greasing
- Approx 100g chopped tomatoes + juice, or 5/6 tbsp pasata
- 1tsp Oregano if using chopped tomatoes
Pizza toppings as you wish - my recipe below:
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 2 rashers bacon, fried and chopped
- 1/2 yellow pepper, sliced
- 1 handful grated cheese
- STEP 1Preheat the grill.
- STEP 2If using chopped tomatoes, place these in a small frying pan, add the oregano and a sprinkle of black pepper and cook over a medium heat until they can be broken up into a smooth sauce.
- STEP 3If using pasata skip to step 2.
- STEP 4Lay one wrap on a plate, fill with grated cheese to within about 3cm of the edge, and sprinkle the garlic over the top aiming for an even distribution. Rub a small amount of butter around the part of the wrap left uncovered. Place the other wrap over the top and use your thumbs to crimp the two together, pressing hard onto the edge of the plate.
- STEP 5Heat about 1tbsp of olive oil in a large frying pan, covering the base well, and slide the quesadilla into it. Fry for 1-2 minutes, checking after 1 minute that it isn't burning. When the underside appears golden brown, place a plate upside down over the frying pan and quickly flip the pan over so the quesadilla turns out onto the plate. Add more oil to the pan, heat for a few seconds, then slide the quesadilla back in to cook the other side.
- STEP 6When both sides are golden brown, remove using the same plate method and spoon the tomato sauce or pasata over the quesadilla to evenly cover it. Arrange your chosen toppings on the top, cover with cheese and grill until the cheese is melted. Check to make sure the edges of the quesadilla aren't burning, if they are try moving it to a lower oven shelf.
- STEP 7Serve hot.